Tuesday, December 19, 2006

 
Replacemen Theology #2

The gift to Abraham and his descendants was an unconditional covenant from God.

Genesis 17:7-8
“And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations and for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you. And I will give to you and your descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all he land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.”

There are people today who like to say the covenant was conditional, based on the faithfulness of Israel. That ain't what God said read Psalms 89:30-37.

Psalms 89:30-37
If his sons forsake My law, and do not walk in my judgments, if they violate my statutes, and do not keep My commandments, then I will visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. But I will not break off my lovingkindness from him, nor deal falsely in My faithfulness. My covenant I will not violate, nor will I alter the utterance of My lips. Once I have sworn by My holiness; I will not lie to David. His descendants shall endure forever, and his thrones as the sun before Me. It shall be established forever like the moon, and the witness in the sky is faithful."

Frankly, If God has changed His mind about Israel's right to the land we might just as well throw the book away and go fishin'.


Shalom for now,
Charlie

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?