Monday, May 01, 2006

 
Yesterday my favorite fourteen year old and I went for a ride in my pickup truck to an area where there were streets and no houses. Twenty eight years ago his dad and I did the same

We changed seats and he learned how to shift gears in a manual transmission vehicle. It wasn't surprising that a lad who, the day before had been grading with a laser guided blade on a skid steer had pretty good coordination skills.

Should he ever need to drive a stick-shift he can, with practice.

We next drove half way across the county to a Starbucks.

Since he has been "grounded" for throwing paper airplanes at school, I was glad to "rescue" him and we had a nice time.

Wouldn't it be nice if the greatest offence of other boys would be as benign?

I love him and I told him so.

Ain't God good?

Charlie

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?