Sunday, April 30, 2006

 
A week ago Friday I was at work when I was informed my job would be eliminated. Of course I would be expected to work in the warehouse. It wasn't stated that way, that was the implication.
I immediately announced my resignation.
A new set of lies began to circulate basically saying the changes have not yet been determined.
No matter.
I have been lied to, lied about, and the time has come for me to retire and move on to another phase of my life; our lives. Memaw's last day was this past Friday. She was honored with a fine dinner, a nice card and a big bonus!
(When I left the same company I think they secretly had a party, celebrating my departure.) Just kidding!

It is sad, all the lying and deception. People insult the intelligence of those around them with all the child-like behavior. They seem to think the truth doesn't shine through.

The injury I sustained was indeed partly due to my age and the consequences of my miss-spent youth. The kind of physical abuse I imposed on my body over the years, not the other kind of miss-spent.

I reported what had happened and my immediate superior denied that I had.
Now they face a law suit.
All they ever needed to do is be honest and comply to the law regarding worker's comp.

Although the doctor has released me I think I shall suffer the concequences for the rest of my life.
I find I must be very careful or the pain begins to creep in.

I do not complain. It was a good run.
I voluntarily engaged in very physical employment the last three years rather than the mental and emotional strain of the office.
There were many opportunities to do differently, I opted to stay and be a delivery boy.

On the other hand, I have a good natural market, sales experience, and although three times I was told I would soon be doing sales part of the time it didn't happen.

My problem with that is not that it didn't happen, but that the manager didn't discuss it with me. He told me what would happen, it didn't, he did not renew the discussion and explain.

In my thinking that makes him a liar.

Two things I don't ever do is tell the preacher how to preach or the boss how to conduct his or her business.

He needed to come to me.
He didn't.

It has indeed been a good run.
God is good.

Shalom

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?