Sunday, June 26, 2005

 
Several years ago I was a guest of the United States Justice Department at a "Weed and Seed" function.
While there I attended a symposium on "diversity."
Since I am a white man I knew if I said much of anything I would not be well recieved.
A young black woman announced her mother was a servant, she would never be anyone's servant! Someday, she said, she will be president of the U. S.
She recieved much applause.
No one would listen when I tried to explain we are all servants, even the President.
How sad! The legacy of the "Great Society" was alive and well in that room.
I wonder where she is today.
I hope she has overcome the prejudices she held then and has accomplished much.

"And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all."
Mark 10:44
Shalom Y'all

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?