Friday, December 24, 2004

 
RANDOM THOUGHTS

Today I “checked in” on the online journal of Christen.
She is a young Christian, a college student who is not ashamed of her faith, her god.
That faith is evident when I read said journal.

Sometimes our thoughts run wildly through our consciousness, crash into one another and then fade like footprints on the beach.

It happens often to this old grandfather, finishing out his final full-time working days as a delivery boy and getting lots of "windshield" time.

Often there is a desire to share some of those thoughts. Sometimes they should not be shared, like when they are too personal or perhaps less than positive.

At times I think, “Who really cares anyway?)

Today I received an email from Christen in response to a note from me.
She said she “checks in” on me.
Since the death of my friend Tom I was not aware anyone did.
I am flattered; blessed, really, to know that a young person would care.
Thanks, Christen. You are a very special young lady.

Earlier today I went to the house of our son to repair screen and screen doors.
My favorite thirteen-year old grandson was there alone.
He asked if I needed anything.
What a fine young lad he is; Polite and thoughtful!
His mom and dad do well with him and his brother and sister.
Thank you Lord.

Our favorite seventeen-year old granddaughter has asked me to accompany her on a journey to the mountains next summer for a mission trip.
Her fourteen-year old sister and ten year-old cousin have asked me to take them to Aunt Rebecca’s farm.
How I love those girls. (And their brothers.)
How blessed I am that they still want time with Poppy.

I must get ready to go to Christmas eve service.

Shalom Y’all
Charlie


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?