Thursday, July 08, 2004

 
Vision in the Sky

One year ago and again today this old grandfather truck driver was motoring through Southwest Florida, WAY FM at almost full volume playing “Come, now is the time to worship” and high in the sky appeared the words: “Jesus Loves You”
The plane was so high one could not see it, only the results as the letters were perfectly formed.
I gazed in wonder and listened while the music reached a crescendo then began to fade as the song ended……”Come, Come.”
By the time the song had finished the first words printed were fading as well, while the last two were still clear, concise. Finally only puff-marks in the sky remained, and all too soon they too were gone, leaving me alone with my gearshift and my thoughts.
What about me?
Will I leave a lasting impression? Like the words in the sky?
When I fade to nothingness what will remain on this earth?
Memories?
What kinds of memories? For how long after I am gone?
Will it matter that I have been here?
If so………. Why? If not…….. Why not?

What about you?

“…….only what’s done for HIM will last.”

Shalom, Y’all


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?