Thursday, July 29, 2004

 
Sunrise, Sunset
 
 Three years ago then nine year old grandson Max and I flew to Aunt Becky's farm for a visit.
It was a great time, full of excitement and adventure.
The only way I was able to not lose Max walking through the airports was his insatiable curiosity.
He almost ran down the concourses, but fortunately he wanted to see everything and so he zig zagged from one side of the aisle to the other which meant he was covering a lot more distance than I was!
We went canoeing, cave exploring, sneaked up on wild turkey and deer.
 His job was to feed the chickens. It was such a new enough experience to him that it was not a chore!
  I can still see his little shoes, parked outside the kitchen door, next to uncle Vernon's big boots.
 Today he left on another adventure that began with a flight, this time alone, to visit Nanna.
 
 I am very happy for him, excited, and at the same time just a little melancholy. 
 
  What happened?
 
 Well, it's happened before, with his aunts and his father, but.......
 Remember the words of the song Sunrise, Sunset from Fiddler on the roof?
"Sunrise, sunset, swiftly fly the years.....................
I don't remember going older, when did they?"
 
I love you Max,
Be careful little buddy.
Shalom, Y'all
Poppy
 
 

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?