Tuesday, April 06, 2004

 
I have been inspired by Christen to resume blogging.
Christen is a young college woman who lost her dad two or three years ago.
She is a very special young person who loves the Lord and isn't ashamed to tell it.
God Bless you, Christen!

These Bloopers are borrowed from another "Food for Thought" site.

Church Bloopers
Below is a compilation of actual church bloopers and service bloopers:

Don't let worry kill you - let the church help.

Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.

For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

This afternoon there will be a meeting in the south and north ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.

Next Sunday a special collection will be taken to defray the cost of the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the carpet will come forward and do so.

The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They can be seen in the church basement Saturday.

A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.

Eight new choir robes are currently needed, due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.

Christen, the offer remains to you and a friend.
We live near white sandy beaches, the everglades and a lot of the Florida "stuff."

Our little church has a food outreach called "Manna."
Yesterday I delivered food to a single woman who has two children and no job, a monthly occurrence.
It was my third attempt this week, (once with my wife) because I wanted to personally invite her little girls, five years and ten years old, to a church picnic.
Otherwise I could have left the food in the house.

Her big burly boyfriend cried, so did she.

They have agreed to come to the picnic!
I'm excited!
I love little girls so much!
As I have said before, I do more with the grandsons than grandaughters, but other grandfathers I have talked to agree: "There's something about a little girl."
Maybe they will continue to come and learn about Jesus.
That is my prayer.

I also delivered to another single mother who has two children. The first time for this family.
They are comeing too! Ain't God good?

Shalom, Y'all

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?