Sunday, April 18, 2004

 
The four hour ride was uneventful.
Hated to leave Mamabos, with her newly rebuilt knee, behind.

Had a great time with my favorite soon to be fourteen year old.
Went to the mall, bought CD.s for her birthday and had lunch at Burger King and Starbucks.
It's kinda nice to go on a "date" with a teen-ager and I do love her so much.

The one hour ride through the country to watch the crew races was nice.
At the river it was organized chaos.
Hundreds (it seemed) of teen-agers lounging, milling around, playing cards and otherwise amusing themselves while waiting their turn to row.
Favorite sisteen year old filled in for coxwain on another team, replaceing an injured colleague. Came in third, won praises from her coach and the referees.
Cool.
The wind on the river got worse, her race was cancelled, but it was OK cause she had already raced anyway.
What a glorius day!
Ain't God Good?

Today will be confirmation day for the favorite almost fourteen year old.
Then it will be; climb into the old Maxima and point it south, back to my bride and joy of almost forty two years, the daily grind, etc.
Before then I must figure out how to slip away with my favorite eight year old for a short "date" with him.

MATURITY IS NOT A FOUR LETTER WORD

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
1 Corinthians 13:11 (KJV)

That ain't entirely true. There is still a lot of "kid" in this old man.

Shalom, Y'all


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?