Wednesday, July 23, 2003

 
Thomas Alva Edison lived about four miles from where I am sitting. His house is on the bank of the mile wide Caloosahatchee. The town was very small then, but he, Henry Ford, and others would load a Ford car on a boat and journey downstream to St James City to "Get away from it all."
St James is on an island. There they would unload the car at the dock of the general store and Post office, owned and operated by Captain John Smith, great grandfather to my bride and joy, Carol.
This at a time when Fort Myers was so small there was a well in the middle of the main street where the horses and cattle would drink.

"The thing with I lose patience with most is the clock. It's hands move too fast."
"I would like to live about three hundred years. I think I have ideas enough to keep me busy that long."
Thomas Edison.

Today is the day Bella has surgery on her knee. Please pray for this precious little girl.

Shalom, Y'all

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?