Sunday, July 20, 2003

 
My grandfather had calling cards.
I can't remember all the text but I wish I could.
The first line on the card was "Have Banjo, Will Travel."
It went on to describe the types of events for which he was available: Shin Kickins, Rooster Fights, Weddings,...........
He called himself Captain Ernie Hall the last. ( He had no brothers or male cousins.)

He went to meet his final reward more than thirty years ago but sometimes I still miss the old codger.

He would often, for no apparent reason, share a bit of his philosophy in one line sayings.

The one I've been remembering lately for reasons I won't explain: "We grow too soon old and too late schmart."

Ain't that the truth???!!!

Shalom, Y'all

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?