Sunday, July 20, 2003

 
John Piper is a Babist Preacher and author. Some call him a modern day prophet.
He has some very interesting perspectives not always aligned with my understanding of Baptist thinking, (For the record I ain't a Baptist,) and considering we disagree very strongly about Israel and it's right to the land, he has caused me to re-think many of my understandings of God's word.
Along with many others in two study groups, I am reading "don't waste your life" copyright 2003 published by Crossway books.

We seem to be living in a very name and claim it world where folks often quote scripture as the basis for their thinking about wealth, prosperity, etc.

A subtitle in chapter 5 based on Philippians 4:12 is this: "I Can Do All Things through Christ, Even Starve."

Now THERE is Food For Thought.

Shalom, Y'all

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?