Monday, December 09, 2002

 
The TV evangelist was caught in sin.
His empire collapsed.
Now he has returned and once again preaches that "contemporary Christian music is of the Devil."

"I know forever
I can stand on Your promises
And hold tight to the garment of the Holy One
I know forever
I can run to Your holiness
And behold the beauty of Jesus

So I come only to glorify
I come 'cause I want to give You my life
I come Lord with a sacrifice of love................"

1998 Mercy Vineyard Publishing.

I guess this is an example of "devilish" contemporary music?
There are those who would advocate that worship music performed with non-traditional instruments is wrong.

Consider King David the "man after God's heart."
He paid people to sing, dance, and play the instruments around the tabernacle night and day.
The instruments were quite different than those we use today.
Maybe we should only worship with those instruments?
I doubt they carried a piano around the outside of the tabernacle.......or an organ.
I think if King David were to come back to earth today he would marvel at the "contemporary" instruments, including synthesized guitars, etc.
He did, after all, invent new instruments for the sole purpose of praising God.
"That chant to the sound of the viol, and invent to themselves instruments of music, like David............."
Amos 6:5 KJV
The difference today is, in my opinion, simply a matter of technology and personal taste.
Sometimes that personal taste is a honky tonk style of piano, as in the case of the fellow who does not like "contemporary" Christian music.

Have a great Day,
Shalom, Y'all






Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?