Thursday, December 12, 2002

 
"Pretty" is the Dalmation who allows my bride and joy of forty years and myself to reside with her.
Although she allows us to stay with her, deep inside she knows we are really the master and mistress.
She obviously takes comfort in having an article of clothing from one of us with her when she sleeps at night.
Last night it was a very nice sweater, a beautiful scarf and a bra.
I was remembering this and other incidents and it got me to thinking about us humans.
We like to surround ourselves with something tangible to remind us of those we love.
Usually it is a photo or a small momento.
We carry around in our hearts and minds the intangibles; the memory of a smile perhaps, or a kind word, or something "cute" someone did.
All of this is good, I suppose, but I got to thinking some more.
About our master.
What do we carry around to remind us of Him?
Not icons and pictures, I hope, but the intangibles; memories of when we found comfort in Him, or snippets of His written word, or..............
There is great satisfaction in having survived the forty years of blood sweat and tears in a marraige.
Great comfort, too in the "children" and their children.
Are you like me?
Do you tend to remember family, children, friends, loved ones etc. and not Him?
Think about it.

Shalom, y'all


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?