Saturday, October 19, 2002

 
Sleep late day again. God gave us an incredible one!
The AC has been off most of the week!
Shortly after seven thirty AM I started out the patio door and stopped!
The most beautiful ring necked dove I haver seen was visiting the bird feeder.
I paused and watched, but finally went out, which frightened the beautiful creature into flight.
Did it return? I know not.
I busied myself pulling weeds, transplanting, planting, and until nearly dark, manicured those areas which had been neglected since spring.
Before the rainy season comes I prepare the planting areas for the summer and in the fall, return them again to a civilized condition.
The rest of the summer is devoted to cutting the grass, (sometimes twice a week) and pulling a few weeds and, since the heat is unberable, little else.
Just before dark I stopped, showered, and enjoyed an incredible salad on the screen porch with my bride and joy.
We talked to Sonesta and Rebel, parrots who reside on the porch, shooed away Pretty the Dalmation nuisance, and marveled at what God has done.
And then I stopped again!
I have planted a vining okra (AKA Luffa Gourd) and it is thriving, crawling along the chain link near the porch.
In the evening the blossoms open and there it was, a butterfly, flitting from blossom to blossom........wait!!
That is a humming bird!!
It is smaller than the Ruby throats and has a kina rust color to it.
Ain't that sumthin?
Thank you God for this incredible day, and thank you Clara from Torey Creek Valley Missouri for the seeds!!
And thank you, favorite youngest daughter for passing on the seeds to us!!

Shalom Y'all






Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?