Saturday, August 03, 2002

 
The late afternoon is hot and sultry, the streets wet and slippery from a tropical afternoon rain. Overhead the cumulo nimbus clouds rise and threaten to deliver more of the same as I point the car north.
Will she be waiting?
I can visualize her long blonde hair pulled back and bundeled, short wisps escaping to accentuate the beauty of her young face.
Will she still care?
Will I once again hold her gently in my arms and feel her soft, feminine touch as she squeezes against me and whispers I love you?
Two hours of anticipation are coming to an end.
The snarl of rush hour traffic doesn't matter. The rain doesn't matter. Nothing matters except that she WILL be there.
Crowds of people. Young, old, happy, sad all milling about obscuing my view. Yes! I see her! Nothing can seperate us now!
She is rushing to meet me as I open my arms wide and greet her with a hug and a kiss.
"I love you Poppy" she says.
My granddaughter has arrived!
I love you Larissa.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?