Sunday, January 06, 2002

 
(voices in my head) a poem
FEAR SAYS........

You're weak.
You always say you won't give in or give up
But you always do.
You'll fall flat on your face
Over and over and over.
You love the taste of dirt
You love to cause pain
Look at your face-
Is that the face of an overcomer?
No.
Overcomers' faces aren't streaked with bruises.
Wake up from your dream.
I always told you you'd never fly.
Now I get to laugh at you
As you lie bleeding on the ground.
Too bad your wings weren't real.

GOD SAYS

You are a beautiful overcomer
With the potential for all things.
You are a legacy and an example,
A dreamer and a thinker,
With wings and a spacious heart.
You have power in your small body
That will guide you through winding roads
And dark detours.
You always smile in the end.
I love who you are,
And I love who you are becoming.
Sail on angel girl.

6/6/01
Sara From her site: You can't steal my joy


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?