Monday, December 31, 2001

 
Sign on a convalescent home: "For the sick and tired of the Epispocal Church."

Sign on a shop in Maine: "Our motto is to give our customers the lowest possible prices and workmanship."

I have read the first edition of "High Alert 2002."
Not only did I not fall to sleep, in the Proverbs portion I continued on beyond the prescribed number of verses.
Lord, help me to continue with the same enthusiasm throughout the year.

As I write this I am looking at a photo Mamabos "shot" of myself on a bench surrounded by three of the incredible edibles; (grandchildren)
How could that happen? They are so beautiful! God truly DOES make good stuff out of whatever.

The Bumblebee and the Hummingbird, a poem

I walked out with my saw to cut down the tree.
As I approached I saw a bumble bee.

Upon closer examination,
To my elation,

The bee was a humming bird!

I stood there in wonder,
My saw didn't thunder.

As he flitted from petal to petal.

Little bird won't you stay?
But he soon buzzed away.

My new friend is gone.
The tree remains.
Shalom Y'all, Raisin


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?